By Helena Cobban
Read Online or Download Amnesty After Atrocity?: Healing Nations After Genocide and War Crimes PDF
Best war & peace books
Whilst he used to be CNN's bureau leader, Jerry Levin was once abducted by means of the Hezbollah and held captive for nearly a 12 months. rather than rising from his ordeal a sour guy, Levin decided to dedicate his lifestyles to being a peacemaker and has back to the West financial institution to volunteer with the Christian Peacemaker workforce.
Peacebuilding and Reconciliation brings jointly a couple of severe essays from participants of the popular Centre for Peace & Reconciliation reviews, dependent at Coventry college within the united kingdom. This hugely topical e-book covers the most recent advancements and concerns within the self-discipline of peacebuilding and reconciliation, utilizing diverse worldwide case stories of societies experiencing or rising out of violent clash.
The yearly variety of conflict deaths from interstate and intra-state conflicts in East Asia has declined by way of ninety five% given that 1979. in the past 3 many years, East Asia has been extra peaceable than Europe, the Americas or any continent, when it comes to conflict deaths consistent with capita. whilst producing theories on peace and battle, stories nearly by no means examine the studies of East Asia.
The likelihood of a world-wide cyber clash is small. but the chance of different types of cyber clash, local or maybe international, should be argued as being very excessive. Small nations tend to be signatories to army and financial alliances with significant global powers yet count seriously at the technical skill of those powers in retaining their very own nationwide pursuits.
- Apology and Reconciliation in International Relations: The Importance of Being Sorry (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- Collective Memories in War (Studies in European Sociology)
- Indigenous Conflict Management Strategies in West Africa: Beyond Right and Wrong (Conflict and Security in the Developing World)
- Global Visions of Olof Palme, Bruno Kreisky and Willy Brandt: International Peace and Security, Co-operation, and Development
- Just War in Religion and Politics (Jacob Neusner Series: Religion/Social Order)
Additional info for Amnesty After Atrocity?: Healing Nations After Genocide and War Crimes
Amnesty After Atrocity?: Healing Nations After Genocide and War Crimes by Helena Cobban